2019 Yamaha F20 Portable - 20" Shaft
Call for Price
Yamaha’s high-powered portables are redefining the expectations for portable horsepower, from the F15 and F20 to the outstanding, new F25, an IBEX Innovation Award Winner for 2017. Their single-overhead-camshaft, two-cylinder designs create power to weight that’s not only eye-opening—but in the case of the F25, it’s also class-leading and category jumping. In fact, the four-stroke 25 hp, previously a midrange outboard, is now so light, it’s jumped to our portable family. Like its new F15 and F20 siblings, the F25 has taken on signature portable advantages like an oil-retention system for leak-free, on-side storage capability, carry handles and resting pads. So whether you’re headed duck hunting with a jon boat or on the way to a lake cottage and your 14-foot aluminum boat, your Yamaha portable’s ready to go.
- Efficient Power: The F25, F20 and F15 all feature a two-valve-per-cylinder, single-overhead-camshaft design that provides better breathing and more power.
- Optimum Performance: An optimally balanced crankshaft and labyrinth exhaust deliver smooth power, while Microcomputer Ignition adjusts timing to maintain maximum engine performance, economy and power under all conditions
- Streamlined Intake: An intake silencer and manifold on the F20 and F15 result in more direct airflow, for minimum noise and maximum power.
- Responsive Acceleration: An acceleration pump on the F20 and F15 gives the engine the fuel it needs--when it needs it--like during rapid throttle advance. This ensures responsive acceleration.
- Optimal Operation: CDI Microcomputer Ignition monitors throttle position, engine speed and atmospheric conditions in order to precisely adjust ignition timing under all conditions for optimum ignition performance, ensuring smooth and reliable operation.
- Wet Sump: A pressurized oil delivery system incorporates a compact and durable oil pump to keep all of the moving parts of their SOHC systems lubricated and running smoothly for maximum reliability.
- Engine Warning System: Protects the outboard with a range of functions including: overheat protection and low-oil-pressure warning (automatically reducing maximum RPM to 2000), over-rev protection, start-in-gear protection and shift-in prevention at open throttle.
- Corrosion Protection: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ electro-deposited, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha Portable four-stroke outboards.
- Max Maneuverability: A 45-degree steering angle in each direction means great maneuvering potential.
- Easy Engine Flushing: A Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without running it, for added convenience and extended engine life.
- Portability and Storage: Incredible light weights, built-in resting pads and carry handles, an easy oil retention system and an optional folding tiller handle, allow for easy carrying and on-side storage without oil leakage or cowling scuffs.
- Our 362-cc 20-hp portable outboard, with its SOHC in-line design and streamlined intake manifold, delivers solid power. Not only that, but it’s one of the most fuel efficient in its class. At just 111 pounds, it’s suitable for lightweight craft such as aluminum fishing boats, tenders and inflatables.
- Available for remote mechanical or tiller-handle control
- Only 111 pounds (15” shaft model)
- Available in 15” and 20” shaft lengths
- Powerful 10-amp alternator
- Engine Type: 2 cyl
- Displacement: 362 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 63 x 58.1mm (2.48 x 2.29 in)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 20 hp @ 5500 rpm
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 ~ 6000 rpm
- Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 10 Amp
- Compression Ratio: 9.3:1
- Fuel Induction System: Carb
- Weight*: 59 kg (132 lbs)
- Recommended Fuel: Octane 87
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner's manual)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 3-Star
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Intake: 4
- Ignition: CDI
- Spark Plug: DPR6EB-9
- Alternator Output: 10 Amp
- Starting System: Electric & Manual
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 1.8L/1.6L
- Recommended Cooling: Thermostatic Control
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: 2.08:1
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Shaft Length: 20"
- Degree of Tilt: 67°- 71°
- Degree of Trim: -4° through +16°
- Dry Weight: 20" shaft / 60 kg (132 lbs)
- Mounting Centers: N/A
- Steering Angle (maximum): 45° from center, either direction
- Warranty: Limited 3-Year Pleasure, 3-Year Government, 1-Year Commercial
- Engine Type
- 2 cyl.
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.48 x 2.29 in. (63 x 58.1mm)
- 362 cc
- Electric & Manual
- Shaft Length
- 20 in.
- 132 lb. (59 kg)
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 20 hp
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000 ~ 6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.08:1 / Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Fuel Induction
- 10 Amp
- Limited 3-Year Pleasure, 3-Year Government, 1-Year Commercial